|Commission on Children and Families
To promote the well-being of all children and families as a community responsibility.
The Commission on Children & Families is committed to:
· Integrity in all our actions;
· Inclusivity of community members in our initiatives;
· Stewardship of all resources entrusted to us.
The residents of Jackson County measure the overall health of our community by the well-being of all our children. Our entire community embraces the responsibility for ensuring that every child grows strong and healthy in all aspects of their lives. The Commission on Children & Families mobilizes the community through strategic planning, education, advocacy and funding. Our collective Commission actions and partnerships with the broader community have resulted in a brighter picture of life for Jackson County children and families.
To advance the well-being of children and families in Jackson County the Commission:
· Promotes the integration of services and connects various support systems;
· Increases community awareness and mobilization through relationships with current partners and engages diverse sectors of the community including faith-based, business and service groups;
· Facilitates comprehensive planning with community partners to identify, prioritize and implement coordinated strategies to meet the mission;
· Responds to emerging local and statewide issues;
· Ensures accountable, effective and efficient Commission program investments and use of resources to maximize positive outcomes;
· Balances the development of innovative practices with evidence-based programs;
· Educates policy makers about local needs and solutions; and
· Secures and allocates funds for programs and community initiatives by seeking grants, leveraging public funds and encouraging additional contributions from the community.
For additional information.....Click here.