Welcome to the Jackson County Assessor's Website
Regular Business Hours:
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Monday through Friday
The Assessor's office responsibilities are many but the main functions of this office are:
- Establish an estimate of fair market value on all residential, commercial, industrial and business personal property in Jackson County for tax purposes.
- administer all laws governing the assessment and appraisal of all properties in Jackson County.
- Visit properties to update appraisals.
- Maintain Assessment Maps: including subdivisions, partition plats, lot line adjustments, consolidations, vacated Streets, annexations, acreage Changes and others.
- Document ownership changes that are recorded in the Clerk's Office.
- Verify all sales that occur in Jackson County and determine real estate market trends.
- Property Tax Exemptions
- Farm and Forest special assessments
- prepares and levies taxes
This office does not perform or provide information for the following:
- BOPTA - Board of Property Tax Appeals: Jackson County Clerk's Office
- Recording of Deeds: Jackson County Clerk's Office
- Zoning or lawful use of property: County Development Services or your Cities Planning Department
- Survey: Jackson County Surveyor's Office
- Senior Citizen/Disabled Citizen Tax Deferral Program: J.C. Treasury and Taxation Department
- Payment for Property Taxes: J.C. Treasury and Taxation Department
To find the assessed value for a particular property, use Property Data Online