(a) Whenever a County animal control officer has reasonable grounds to believe that an animal or the keeper is in violation of this Chapter, the officer shall be authorized to issue the keeper notice of County Violation, seize the animal, or both.
(b) The notice of County Violation shall be served on the keeper of the animal in violation of this Chapter by personal service or by regular and certified mail.
(1) The name and address, if known, of the person in violation of this Chapter and a description of the animal, if applicable;
(2) The code section allegedly violated plus a brief descriptive statement of the nature of the County Violation;
(3) A statement of the amount due as a civil fine for the County Violation and notice that the animal is to be impounded if impoundment is authorized hereunder;
(4) A statement explaining all fines are due within 30 days of service of the notice;
(5) A statement advising that if any civil fine is not timely paid, the failure to comply may lead to an increase of the original fine or additional fines;
(6) A statement that the determination of County Violation is final unless appealed by filing a written notice of appeal including a fee, in an amount set by the Board of Commissioners, with the Director within 20 days of the date of the notice of County Violation was served; and
(7) A statement that an admission of County Violation would be on record and could lead to the increase of a fine on any subsequent County Violation issued under this Chapter as provided for in JCC 612.99.
(Ord. 2001-2. Passed 5-23-01.)